1. Chocolate Coconut Cake
- Prepare a devil's food cake mix according to the package. Add 1tsp. of coconut extract to the batter. Scoop and bake. I was able to get 22 cupcakes out of one box mix.
2. Salted Butter-cream Butterscotch Caramel (Yum!)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup caramel topping, plus more for drizzling (I used butterscotch caramel)
- 1 pound powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cool cupcakes
- Frost generously
- Drizzle caramel sauce
- Drizzle melted chocolate
- Melt 1/2 cup extra dark chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stir and repeat microwaving until smooth. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil to help chocolate remain smooth.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut