Saturday, April 6, 2013

Samoa Cupcakes


Samoa Cupcakes

I found my inspiration for these treats from spice-is-nice.com. I wanted to make the recipe a whole lot simpler without taking from the flavor. I made these for a birthday gathering and they were a hit! Here is what I did...

1. Chocolate Coconut Cake
  •  Prepare a devil's food cake mix according to the package. Add 1tsp. of coconut extract to the batter. Scoop and bake. I was able to get 22 cupcakes out of one box mix.

2. Salted Butter-cream Butterscotch Caramel (Yum!)

  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1/2 cup caramel topping, plus more for drizzling (I used butterscotch caramel)
  • 1 pound powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
3.Assembly
  • Cool cupcakes
  • Frost generously
  • Drizzle caramel sauce
  • Drizzle melted chocolate 
    • Melt 1/2 cup extra dark chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stir and repeat microwaving until smooth. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil to help chocolate remain smooth.
  • Sprinkle with toasted coconut
 ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment